We independently review everything we recommend. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission.
Are you looking for the Best Telephoto Lenses For Canon EOS-1DX?
The best Canon telephoto lenses will allow you to go closer to the action and create spectacular images. These lenses are crucial to have in your photographic equipment bag, whether you shoot sports, animals, portraits, or landscapes.
A telephoto lens is essential if you’re a professional wildlife or sports photographer. Telephoto lenses allow you to see smaller details in the distance while maintaining a crisp, clear image. It also means you don’t have to get too near to your subject, which is ideal for wildlife photography when you don’t want to startle the animals.
If you’re a sports photographer, you’ll be in a defined area a lot of the time, so you’ll want to make sure you can still get some fantastic shots even if you’re on the opposite side of the track, pitch, or court.
Telephoto lenses, on the other hand, have a wide range of applications and are excellent for capturing varied views. They offer less distortion, making them ideal for picking out details in a landscape, and the longer focal lengths allow for greater separation between your subject and the background. As a result, portrait photographers will use a telephoto lens to provide a wonderfully blurred backdrop in their photographs.
What is the best telephoto Lense length for me?
A 70-200mm telephoto lens is a favorite among photojournalists, wedding photographers, concert photographers, and sports photographers because of its versatility. It may also be used as a beautiful portrait lens. You may have complete control over the degree of perspective distortion in your shot since it allows you to choose how far away you want to stand from your subject.
A telephoto lens allows the photographer to put more space between themselves and their subject, which is useful when you can’t get up close to what you’re photographing. A significant photographic faux pas would be running on stage at a performance, onto the field during a game, or surrounding a bride and groom during a wedding ceremony to grab the image. In these cases, photographers must capture the moment without intervening. A long telephoto lens aids them in their endeavor.
Photographers may need to establish even more distance between themselves and their subjects in some instances. Photographers with super-telephoto lenses of 300-500mm are common on the sidelines of professional sports tournaments. These kinds of super-telephoto lenses are very popular among wildlife photographers. If you enjoy photographing wild animals, it is critical that you maintain a large distance between yourself and the animals. If you desire a fast aperture, however, lenses this long are often quite large and expensive.
Wide-angle coverage to super-telephoto performance might be enticing with zoom lenses with large zoom ranges. However, such lenses often create a lot of distortion and vignetting at wide-angle focal lengths and only offer relatively modest apertures when zoomed in. Unfortunately, there isn’t a one-size-fits-all lens that can be used for everything. Not yet, at least.
Best Telephoto Lenses For Canon EOS-1DX
1. Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM Lens (Telephoto Lens)
- Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM Lens
- Front-focusing method with helicoid ring drive
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Free shipping on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 48 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
2. Canon EF-S 55-250mm F4-5.6 IS STM Lens (Telephoto Lens)
- High magnification, compact and lightweight EF-S telephoto zoom lens with Image Stabilization for up to 3.5 equivalent stops of shake correction. Based on CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Association) standards. Testing performed using EOS 7D at focal length of 250 millimeter (400 millimeter in 35 millimeter equivalence).
- One UD lens element reduces chromatic aberration throughout the zoom range, for excellent image quality with high resolution and contrast.
- New six-group zoom system provides a compact design while achieving a maximum magnification of 0.29x at the telephoto end.
- Minimum focusing distance: 2.79 feet; 0.85 meter (full zoom range).
- Kit Inlcudes lens, lens cap E-58II, lens dust cap E, instruction book, warranty card
3. Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 SP Di VC USD XLD (Telephoto Lens)
- Best-in-class optical performance
- High resolution through use of XLD glass
- New USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) motor for fast and quiet AF
- VC anti-shake mechanism for steady shooting
- Dual format Di design for use on full-frame and smaller sensor cameras
4. Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG HSM OS FLD (Affordable Telephoto Lens)
- 70-200mm focal length, Minimum focus Distance - 1.40m/55.1 inch
- 105-300mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 112-320mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F2.8 constant maximum aperture; F22 minimum, Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
- Image stabilization, 4 stops claimed. Dual mode, normal and panning
- 77mm filters, Available in Canon EF, Nikon F (FX), Pentax KAF3, Sony Alpha, Sigma SA mounts
5. Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II USM Lens (Affordable Telephoto Lens)
- Optical Image Stabilization at up to 5 Stops* of Shake Correction.
- One Fluorite Element and Two UD Elements for High Image Quality.
- Highly Resistant to Dust and Water, and Improved Durability Even in Harsh Conditions.
- Three Image Stabilization Modes for Outstanding Results. Other Accessories : optional A II (W II) tripod mount ring
- IS Mode 3 Effective When Tracking Moving Subjects and Assists When Panning**. Minimum Focusing Distance Shortened from 3.9 ft. to Approx. 3.3 ft. (1.2m to 1m). Optimized Lens Placement and Coatings Minimize Ghosting and Flare. Circular Aperture (9 blades) for Beautiful, Soft Backgrounds.
6. Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS USM Lens (Affordable Telephoto Lens)
- High image quality and bright f/2.8 aperture telephoto zoom RF L lens.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Optical image stabilization with up to 5 Stops of shake correction
- High speed, smooth and quiet autofocus with dual Nano USM.
- Minimum focusing distance of 2.3 ft. by 0.7 M.
- Lens compatible with Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras (EOS RP, EOS R, EOS R5, EOS R6)
7. Canon RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens (Affordable Telephoto Lens)
- Compact, high-quality Lens with broad zoom range for the EOS R system
- Bright, constant f/4.0 zoom Lens
- First L-Series Lens with Nano USM. Lens construction (elements/groups)- 18/14
- Control ring for direct setting changes
- Optical image stabilization at up to 5 Stops* of shake Correction
8. Tamron A025C SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 (Affordable Telephoto Lens)
- Builds upon the success of the original and much acclaimed SP 70-200mm A009
- Features a Faster AF speed, enhanced Vibration Compensation, and better overall optical performance
- New 3-mode VC provides a 5-stop handling advantage for sharp images up to 5 shutter speeds lower
- Firmware and settings customisable via optional TAMRON TAP-in Console (available separately)
- 1 x 70-200mm G2 Lens, Lens Hood, Body cap, Lens cap, Instructions
9. Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 (Premium Telephoto)
- New FLEX ZOOM LOCK mechanism enables the locking of the zoom ring at any position
- Fluorine Coating and improved Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Lightweight and easy-to-hold tripod mount is compatible with an Arce-Swiss style quick release plate
- AF speed is faster and much more responsive with moving subjects
- VC performance is 4.5 stops (VC mode 3) and offers three modes optimized for different shooting situations
10. Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1 L is USM (Super-Telephoto Lens)
- High Performance L-series versatile Super-Telephoto Zoom RF Lens.
- Optical Image Stabilization with up to 5 stops of Shake Correction.
- Three Image Stabilization Modes (Standard, Panning, and during exposure only) Provided for Creative Versatility.
- High Speed, Smooth and Quiet Auto Focus with Dual Nano USM.
- Minimum Focusing Distance of 3.0 ft. / 0.9 m
- Lens compatible with Canon Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras (EOS RP, EOS R, EOS R5, EOS R6)
11. Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM Lens (Super-Telephoto Lens)
- Compact, high performance L-series super-telephoto zoom makes it ideal for sports and wildlife photography
- Rotation-type zoom ring allows for more precise composition and excellent balance when handholding
- Improved zoom torque adjustment ring allows easy setting of zoom tension, Focal Length & Maximum Aperture:100-400mm 1:4.5-5.6, Closest Focusing Distance-3.2 ft. / 0.98m
- New Air Sphere Coating (ASC) helps to significantly reduce backlit flaring and ghosting, Highly resistant to dust and water, and amazing durability enabling shooting even in harsh conditions
12. Sigma 100-400mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM (Super-Telephoto Lens)
- Full Frame Lens with APS-C compatibility
- Compact size meets strong image quality
- Ideal Use: Travel photography, wildlife photography, nature photography and bird photography
- 4 Year USA Warranty
- Filter Size: 67mm
13. Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III (Super-Telephoto Lens)
32 used from $84.95
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture : 75-300mm 1:4-5.6
- Lens Construction : 13 elements in 9 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View : 32° 11' - 8° 15'
- Focus Adjustment : Front group rotating extension system with Micromotor
- Closest Focusing Distance : 1.5m/ 4.9 ft.
Check Out Canon EOS-1D X Related Articles:
- Canon EOS-1D X Review
- Best Gimbals For Canon EOS-1D X
- Best Canon EOS-1DX Lenses for Landscape Photography
- Best Canon EOS-1DX Lenses for Wildlife Photography
- Best Canon EOS-1DX Lenses for Real Estate Photography
- Best Canon EOS-1DX Lenses for Portrait Photography
- Best Canon EOS-1DX Lenses for Sports Photography
- Best Canon EOS-1DX Lenses for Traveling Photography
- Best Canon EOS-1DX lenses for Concerts Photography
- Best Macro Lenses for Canon EOS-1DX
- Best Wide-angle Lenses for Canon EOS-1DX
- Best Prime Lenses for Canon EOS-1DX
- Best Zoom Lenses for Canon EOS-1DX
- Best Fisheye lenses for Canon EOS-1DX
- Best Astrophotography for Canon EOS-1DX
- Best Video Lenses for Canon EOS-1DX