We independently review everything we recommend. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission.
The Cyber-shot RX100 VI moves Sony’s popular range of premium compact cameras in a new direction with the addition of a 24-200mm, 8.3x zoom lens. This lens significantly increases the telephoto reach of the camera when compared to previous models in the series, which had all had a maximum zoom of 70mm. Essentially, it has become a travel-zoom camera, capable of photographing virtually any subject matter from wide-angle vistas to candid portraits in low light conditions.
Sadly, that increased reach has come at the expense of a somewhat slower lens – the highest apertures given by this new model are f/2.8 at 24mm and f/4.5 at 200mm, respectively, which are significantly slower than the Mark V’s maximum apertures of f/1.8 and f/2.8.
It’s worth noting that, despite the significant increase in zoom range, it’s difficult to distinguish between the two versions, with the new Mark VI measuring only a few millimeters thicker than the old model, which will remain in production for the foreseeable future. The optical image stabilization technology has been enhanced by Sony to provide four stops of correction, which should be helpful when hand-holding the camera at the new greater telephoto settings. This is in addition to the improvements to the lens itself.
There are a number of other notable enhancements to the Sony RX100 VI, including a faster auto-focusing system that provides better subject tracking and the addition of a popular Eye AF mode. The Sony RX100 VI also features a touch panel LCD screen, which is the first time on an RX-series camera, as well as an expanded tilt-angle screen that can be rotated 180 degrees upwards or downwards.
Best Gimbal for Sony RX100 VI in 2022
1. Zhiyun Crane 2S 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer for DSLR Cameras
- Upgraded Algorithm. Dynamic Stabilization: Highly optimized in motor control algorithms and motor power, CRANE 2S handles large cameras such as the BMPCC 6K, Panasonic S1H, EOS 1DX Mark III in total ease. More than that, you can also mount multiple accessories on it.
- Stay Focused All the Way: Together with TransMount Image Transmission System, fous pullers will be able to focus and zoom while live monitoring the shots. Even more, they will also be able to change gimbal parameters and modes if needed.
- Bigger Screen to Boost Your Productivity: The new 0.96" OLED screen offers a bigger vision. With it, you will be able to go through the entire menu within seconds and switch between different modes swiftly.
- Axis Locking Mechanism 2.0: The upgraded axis locking mechanism 2.0 adopts a two-phase locking design that guarantees zero swinging of the gimbal during traveling or storage.
- Say Hi to Buttery Smooth Movement: Six gimbal modes, from basic to advanced, are all easily accessible on CRANE 2S: Pan Following, Locking, Following, Full-Range POV, Vortex, Go mode.
2. Zhiyun Crane 2S 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer for DSLR Camera Mirrorless Cameras Professional Video Stabilizer Compatible with Sony Nikon Canon...
- 【Crafted for Perfection】CRANE 2S is highly optimized in motor control algorithms and motor power, and it can handle large cameras such as the BMPCC 6K, Panasonic S1H, EOS 1DX Mark III, etc
- 【Bigger Screen 】The new 0.96" OLED screen offers a bigger vision. With it, you will be able to go through the entire menu within seconds and switch between different modes
- 【Powerful but Lightweight】the handle of it is built with carbon fiber, lightening the physical burden of videographers without compromising the loading capacity of the gimbal
- 【Buttery Smooth Movement】Six gimbal modes, from basic to advanced, are all easily accessible on CRANE 2S: Pan Following, Locking, Following, Full-Range POV, Vortex, Go mode
- 【TransMount Ecosystem】The TransMount ecosystem of accessories is here to better serve videographers with TransMount image transmission system, quick setup kits, monopod, servo zoom/focus motors, etc.
3. Zhiyun Crane 2S Combo 3-Axis Camera Gimbal Stabilizer for DSLR Camera Sony A6600 Nikon D850 Canon EOS 1DX Mark II...
- Designed for Greater Compatibility--Highly optimized in motor control algorithms and motor power, CRANE 2S are easily compatible with large cameras such as/for the BMPCC 6K, Panasonic S1H, Canon EOS 1DX Mark II, Nikon D850 with total ease. With CRANE 2S, videographers can constantly switch among different cameras. More than that, you can also mount multiple accessories on it. (Note: Please refer to the Camera Compatibility List for compatible cameras and lenses)
- Vertical Shooting Made Easy--CRANE 2S comes standard with a vertical quick release mount and a safety knob for high-quality vertical shooting. (Note: To prevent the lens from leaning down, lens support is needed when shooting vertically. In cases where camera backing base is needed, the quick release plate must be tightened with the two screws provided.)
- Ultra-smooth Footage, Not Only Timelapse-- From basic to advanced, six gimbal shooting modes are all easily accessible on CRANE 2S: Pan Following/Locking/Following/Full-Range POV/Vortex/Go mode, besides, advanced cinematic features such as Panorama, Timelapse, Motionlapse, and Long Exposure Timelapse can be easily achieved with CRANE 2S.
- 12H long Battery Life + 0.96" large OLED Screen + Motor Lock Design 2.0-- Outfitted with 3 removable batteries, CRANE 2S offer a 12-hour runtime. For time-demanding tasks videographers can easily prolong the runtime of the gimbal with backup batteries. The new 0.96" OLED screen offers a bigger vision. The upgraded axis locking mechanism 2.0 adopts a two-phase locking design that guarantees zero swinging of the gimbal during traveling or storage.
- Expand for Limitless Possibilities--Designed for high-efficiency team collaboration, CRANE 2S is equipped with a dedicated slot for installing image transmission transmitter. Multiple mounting points are available on the gimbal for creative adaptation: One 1/4" screw hole on the back of the quick release plate for the camera to shift between different devices such as sliders and tripods; Two 1/4" screw holes with crown gear and one 3/8" screw hole.