We independently review everything we recommend. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission.
We’ve lost count of the number of videographers who have lately sought to advise on a gimbal for Nikon d7200 cameras, and we’ve seen a lot of incorrect advice offered to the videographers who have asked the queries. As a result, we’ve chosen to write our own post on the issue to assist any of our readers interested in adding a gimbal to their Nikon d7200 camera accessories.
Now, because the d7200 is a somewhat heavy DSLR camera, weighing in at roughly 1.68 pounds without any attachments attached, you’ll need to invest in a quality gimbal. That said, we chose a budget gimbal among the three gimbals we choose to highlight, but most older and less expensive gimbals may struggle with the d7200, especially when you add your camera accessories.
Now, as previously said, we’ve chosen three gimbals that we believe are best for usage with the Nikon d7200 in three distinct scenarios. We have a general-purpose gimbal stabilizer that is probably the best overall choice, a heavy-lifting solution for those of our readers who utilize a particularly hefty d7200 system, and a more budget-friendly gimbal.
We’ve compared the gimbals’ basic characteristics in the table below to go over their strong qualities, and immediately below the table is a brief paragraph for each one with a bit of extra information. Following that, we go over the three gimbals we’ve chosen and explain why we think they’re suitable choices for your Nikon d7200.
Best Gimbal For Nikon D7200 in 2022
1. DJI Ronin-S - Camera Stabilizer 3-Axis Gimbal Handheld for DSLR Mirrorless Cameras up to 8lbs / 3.6kg Payload for Sony...
3 used from $469.99
- The Ronin-S stabilizer for DSLR and mirrorless cameras empowers creators to shoot with the freedom of stabilized shots on the move. It has been rigorously tested to support a payload of 8lbs by 3.6 kg while still achieving a smooth, cinematic shot.
- Offers a suite of advanced capturing features to unleash your imagination like Panorama, Timelapse, Motionlapse, Track.
- The Ronin-S gives independent filmmakers the power to capture spontaneous moments with clarity, smoothness, and a refreshing perspective.
- The detachable, modular design of the Ronin-S makes it easy to fit inside a backpack on your travels. Thanks to the industry standard quick-release plate design, you can easily mount the camera onto the gimbal for tracking shots or on a tripod for stills.
- Compatible with - Canon: 5D MK III, 5D MK IV, 6D MK II, EOS 200D, 6D, 80D, M50, M6 Mark II, R, RP, EOS-1D X Mark II; Fujifilm: X-T2, X-T3; Nikon: D5, D850, Z50, Z6, Z7; Panasonic: G9, G95, GH3, GH4, GH5, GH5S, S1, S1H; Sony: A6000, A6300, A6400, A6500, A7M2, A7M3, A7R2, A7R3, A7R4, A7S, A7S2, A9
- What you get: DJI Ronin-S, BG37 Grip (Built-in Battery), Camera Mounting Plate, 3x Camera Screw 1/4"-20, Lens Support, Camera Riser, USB-C Cable, Hook-and-Loop Strap for gimbal, Storage Case, Extended Grip/Tripod (Plastic), Focus Wheel, RSS IR Control Cable, Multi-Camera Control Cable (Type-C)
- DJI Ronin App requires iOS 9.0, Android 5.0 or above Compatible devices include: iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 7, 6s Plus, 6s, 6 Plus, 6, SE, iPad Mini 4, iPad Pro, Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, S10, S9 Plus, S9 , S9 Plus, S9, S8 Plus, S7, Note8, Note9, S5, S6 edge, A9, Google Nexus 6P, Huawei P30 Pro, P30, P20 Pro, P10, P9, Mate 20, Mate10, Mate 9 Pro, Nova 3e, MT7-TL00, Honor V10, Magic 2, Vivo X21A, X27, NEXS, Oppo Find X, R15, R11, Xiaomi 8, Xiaomi Max2, Xiaomi Max3, Xiaomi MIX3, Xiaomi MIX2S, LG V20.
2. DJI Ronin-S Handheld 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer All-in-One Control for DSLR + Mirrorless Cameras (Renewed)
- Easy to hold in one hand so you can focus better on your subject with the easy-to-control Focus Wheel.
- Create professional and smooth videos and camera shots with the Ronin-S stabilizer when you are on the move.
- SmoothTrack technology allows you to transfer from motion to camera angle with one hand. Switch between three user profiles with a simple click.
- Compatible with most DSLR and mirrorless cameras including Sony A7 series, Canon 5D/6D/7D/60D/70D/80D series, Nikon D5/3/850/750/700/5000 series/7000 series, Panasonic GH5/GH5s and more.
- In The Box: Ronin -S Gimbal, BG37 Grip (Built-in Battery), Camera Mounting Plate, Focus Wheel, RSS IR Control Cable, Multi-Camera Control Cable (Type-C & Type-B), Lens Support, Camera Riser, Extended Grip / Tripod, USB-C Cable, Power Adapter, Accessories Box, Allen Wrench, Storage Case
3. DJI Ronin-S Part 1 BG37 Grip
4 used from $57.00
- Replacement Handgrip for Ronin-S Gimbal
- 2400mAh Built-In Battery